Plus Size Bathing Suits That Flatter
Let’s face it, the joy of jumping into a nice cool pool or sitting on the beach can often be diminished by the thought of getting into a bathing suit. You are not alone! At Catherines, we understand that the key to enjoying your time in a swimsuit is closely tied to how confident and comfortable you feel in that swimsuit. The best women’s plus size swimwear fit your curves comfortably, with flattering cuts, supportive material, impeccable design and beautiful colors, patterns, and textures. Once you’ve found the perfect bathing suit, you’ll be all set to grab your sunblock, sunglasses, summer sandals and your favorite plus size swimsuit cover up and hit the beach.
Finding the Best Plus Size Swimsuit
If you are shopping for plus size swimwear, the variety of styles available can be a bit overwhelming. To start narrowing down the options, it can be helpful to first consider the types of activities you will engage in while sporting your beach wear.
A classic plus size one-piece swimsuit or retro-inspired swim dress is a great option for poolside lounging or wading into the waves at the beach. Two-piece swimwear, like a bikini or tankini, offer flexibility for different fits and pair nicely with your favorite tank top and shorts, or under flowy plus size maxi dresses for activities that can shift quickly with the weather.
The Most Flattering Bathing Suits for Curves
There are numerous bathing suit styles that are designed specifically to flatter a curvy figure, but here are some tips for finding the best slimming swimsuit to meet your needs:
- Tummy control bathing suits use technology to compress and support a full middle while using design elements to shift focus onto areas of the figure you would prefer to highlight.
- Swim separates, like tankinis, swim shorts and bikinis make it easier to find the optimal fit for each part of your body, resulting in a more flattering look at the beach.
- Swim dresses and swimsuit styles with built-in skirts can provide a slimming appearance by skimming over the tummy, hips and thighs.
- Boost your confidence in a solid colored bathing suit by pairing it with a striped or floral kimono in a complimentary color scheme.
- Use pattern to your advantage to shift focus to your favorite features.